OHIO_Cushings

We are the Ohio Cushings!! Living & Laughing in Cleveland....snowy Cleveland. Dennis, Kristin, Travis, Kady, Camden and Carly too!!

Friday, July 21, 2006

A Day at the Beach








July 18-19
Surfside Beach, SC. Two of the three Cushing kids had never been to the beach before. No time like the present. When Tammy called and asked if we wanted to road trip back to SC (we had just been there in June, not to mention, just seen the SC Schaefers the first week in July) all I could think was ... ummmm... sure! What's a little sanity among friends. Then the suggestion came as to beach. As Bob (my brother) has pointed out to me on more than one occasion, my happiness is a corrolation to proximity to beach. Just read my senior superlative from HS. I knew it then just as well as I know it now. But I digress....

Kady played it safe. Hung by the shore, jumping in the aftermath of the waves that had crashed 15-20 feet away from her. No chance being knocked over. No salt water cocktails.

Camden became the thrill seeker I knew he had in him. After all, spending a few days at the Schaefer camp for boys didn't hurt. He wanted to be out in the action. Out in the "deep part" as he called it. And he wanted to be out there all by himself (no chance!). But, in his Spongebob PFD, he was able to be out in the crashing waves with nothing but a hand hold from Mommy.

and then there is Carly.

The former "I hate water" girl.

She LOVED being in the ocean. She loved being held. Wasn't so fond of the sand between her toes, but she did a very good job once the water hit her.

Looks like the apple really doesn't fall too far from the tree. Seems they dig the beach, too

1 Comments:

  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Aaron said…

    Emma could use some pointers. We were at OBX last week and she was scared to death of the beach. We spent a majority of our time at the pool. That worked out well after taking my fair share of beatings body surfing (Thanks Tropical Storm Beryl!).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home