OHIO_Cushings

We are the Ohio Cushings!! Living & Laughing in Cleveland....snowy Cleveland. Dennis, Kristin, Travis, Kady, Camden and Carly too!!

Thursday, May 04, 2006

I now have something in common with Tiger Woods

no, I have not won the Masters,
no, not the British Open,
no, not the US Open,
no, not any golf tournament for that matter....

I do not have a marketing deal with Nike,
not one with Tag Heuer,
not one with Accenture,
nor American Express.

I have never shot a round under par,
made a hole-in-one,
or made a double eagle.

...but I do have something in common with Tiger Woods.
Tiger's Dad, Earl Woods, recently lost his battle with cancer. He died Wednesday, May 3.




This is a picture of Tiger and his Dad at the 1998 Pebble Beach Pro-Am.




My dad lost his battle with cancer. He died Tuesday, March 1, 2005.
It sucks, doesn't it, Tiger?

Here's a poem about Dads....

A Dad is a personwho is loving and kind,
And often he knows what you have on your mind.
He's someone who listens, suggests, and defends.
A Dad can be one of your very best friends!
He's proud of your triumphs, but when things go wrong,
A Dad can be patient and helpful and strong.
In all that you do, a Dad's love plays a part.
There's always a place for him deep in your heart.
And each year that passes, you're even more glad,
More grateful and proud just to call him your Dad!
Thank you, Dad...for listening and caring,
for giving and sharing,
but, especially, for just being you!



This is a picture of me, my brother Andy, sister Becky and my Dad, getting ready for a round of golf in Utah [check out the Rocky mountains in the background!]



I can only hope that I can be an excellent Dad to my children as my Dad was to me...
Ditto to you Tiger...when you eventually have kids, then you'll have something else in common with me!!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger Aaron said…

    D,
    This is a great post. What we do today with our children can last a lifetime. Thanks for sharing that!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home